Some days I just can't bring myself to work on my scrapbooks. Not that I don't want to. Sometimes it just hurts too bad. If you suffer from arthritis then you know what I'm sayin'.
I get really frustrated on those days. I can't not scrapbook. I've already given up a lot of sewing. I don't want to stop that completely either.
So...I decided to go on a hunt for tools and things to make it easier to scrapbook and sew for those of us who know the pain and frustration of trying to work with the "normal" tools. I'll share them with you as I find them.
The first thing I discovered is a trimmer from Creative Memories.
Not only is it easier to use than a normal trimmer with a little thing that you to try to hold with two fingers, (which is what makes it hard for people with arthritis)
but it also has several different blades such as 2 sizes of wavy blades, postage stamp blade, a scoring blade, perforation blade, etc. What this means is...not having to use the decorative scissors as much...which is also hard for arthritis sufferers to use.
This is much easier and much less painful. You can easily push with your fingers or
the palm of your hand
Then, my friend showed me this...
You can put the extra blades on the bottom of the trimmer using a glue dot! No storing them somewhere else - so convenient! And one glue dot holds them on very well.
The only thing to remember is to put them on upside down so you will be able to open the little case.
Oh yeah, and remember to close the clasp to keep the blade from falling out of the case when you're done. (or you will wonder where it is and spend a lot of time on your hands and knees looking and looking and looking and then stressing out that you HAVE to find it before your little grandchildren do because the blades are sharp. Then you will finally find that it rolled really far away from where you were...)
Please leave a comment if you know of any tools, supplies, or ideas which make it easier for scrappers/sewers/crafters.
Be Happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment